by: Andrzej Snigorski [ ]
Polish company Basicks, among many battle bases, minatures and parts for miniatures conversions offer product line called Battlefield Resin Terrain. This product line includes miscellaneous product useful in easy adding high quality details to your vignettes or wargaming battlefield.
One of these products is set of five treasure boxes.
What we receive after purchase of Treasure Box (5) set are five small ~24x15x13-18mm (each is a little different) boxes. Each box is made in different style and as long as three of them may be used with historical figures, two of them have rather fantasy character.
All boxes are closed and made as one-piece productsso they require no assembly.
Each box is differen:
1. Simple wooden chest with flat cover and metal hardware stripes.
2. Wooden chest with metal hardware, convex upholstered (or metal) cover and heraldic achievement on the top.
3. Flat covered chest with celtic-like knot decorating on top and sides.
4. Chest with convex cover carved with markings typical for Basicksí Mystic themed line of products. Chest have metal hardware, the cover have only the carved ornamentation.
5. Chest similar to the one described above, but with more convex cover also with metal hardware.
DETAILING AND QUALITY
Chests are made of dark grey resin. Material is of high quality;no cracks and no bubbles were spotted. Delicate flesh is visible on some edges but it should be easy to remove.
Wood texture is may seem a little bit exaggerated, but should give great effect when painted.
Small details like heraldic achievement, padlocks, and ornaments on the chests are sculpted with great care and precision.
All elements of the kit are well designed, perfectly sculpted and well manufactured. The fact that set contains five different chests is great for fantasy/wargaming figure painters but fans of historical miniatures must take under consideration the fact that 2/5 of the set have strong fantasy character.
A I said Ė the set is nice and worth having it on the desk just in case you need a nice chest to place next to your figure but if you are not into wargaming/fantasy be prepared to have two chests wait forever on their turn or be modified.
Picture of painted boxes comes from Vendor's website.